Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Meet The Sweets Tix Available Online
Having trouble scheduling a trip to buy your Meet The Sweets tickets. Your life just got simpler. You can buy tickets on the web at Brown Paper Tickets. It's fast, convenient, and a portion of the modest service charge goes to support charitable organizations. There is no excuse now for missing a fabulous summer Sunday evening meeting the sweets.
How sweet will this evening be?
- Sweet Cheeks Winery hosts our evening on their lovely terrace overlooking the lovely Briggs Hill Valley. They are featuring their superb Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and other fine wines.
- Sweet Briar Farms will be offering sausage and filing sandwiches with pulled pork cooked at their farm.
- Sweet Creek Foods is plating a selection of preserved foods, including a fine salad nicoise made with their succulent tuna.
- Sweet Water Farm And Nursery--Oh, those vegetables, salads, and breads. This is the time of year when the veggies emerge from the fields and land on our plates in a matter of hours.
- Sweet Life Patisserie--Is there a better end to a summer evening than strawberry shortcake and chocolate?
This event is brought to you by Slow Food Eugene and the Willamette Valley Sustainable Food Alliance. A portion of the proceeds will help support the School Garden Project Of Lane County and the Farm To School Program.
Here Are The Details:
Date: Sunday, June 28, 2009
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Rd
Eugene, OR 97405, (541) 349-9463. Get directions.
Bring: Your smiling self, friends, and family and your own plates and flatware. If you have a hankering to picnic, bring a blanket for sitting on the grass.
Cost: $25 per person, includes dinner and a glass of Sweet Cheeks wine or another beverage. Slow Food members will receive a ticket for an additional glass of wine or serving of your choice.
Tickets are available at Newman's Fish Company, 1545 Willamette St., 541-344-2371, Long's Meat Market, 81 E 28th Ave., 541-344-3172 and Brown Paper Tickets.