Wednesday, June 10, 2009
"Meet The Sweets" -- An Evening Of Food, Fun And Music Sunday, June 28, 2009
Slow Food Eugene and the Willamette Valley Sustainable Food Alliance invite you to an summer evening with Lane County's sweetest providers. The proceeds of the event will help support the School Garden Project Of Lane County and the Farm To School Program.
How sweet will this evening be?
- Sweet Cheeks Winery hosts our evening on their lovely terrace overlooking the lovely Briggs Hill Valley. They are featuring their superb Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and other fine wines.
- Sweet Briar Farms will be offering sausage and filling sandwiches with pulled pork cooked at their farm.
- Sweet Creek Foods is plating a selection of preserved foods, including a fine Salade Nicoise made with their succulent tuna.
- Sweet Water Farm And Nursery--Oh, those vegetables, salads, and breads. This is the time of year when the veggies emerge from the fields and land on our plates in a matter of hours.
- Sweet Life Patisserie--Is there a better end to a summer evening than strawberry shortcake and chocolate?
We've also lined up Ken Luker, a local guitarist who has shared stages with Steppenwolf, Eric Burdon, The Drifters, Ray Stephens, and the Coasters. We'll tell you more about our evening entertainment as we get closer to the 28th.
Here Are The Details:
Date: Sunday, June 28, 2009
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Rd
Eugene, OR 97405, (541) 349-9463. Get directions.
Bring: Your smiling self, friends, and family and your own plates and flatware. If you have a hankering to picnic, bring a blanket for sitting on the grass.
Cost: $25 per person, includes a glass of Sweet Creek wine or another beverage. Slow Food members will receive a ticket for an additional glass of wine or serving of your choice.
Tickets are available at Newman's Fish Company, 1545 Willamette St., 541-344-2371, and Long's Meat Market, 81 E 28th Ave., 541-344-3172.