Let's get Slow Food Eugene off to a great start in 2007! The annual meeting is the best place for members to weigh in on the direction of the organization for the coming year. At our meeting, we will:
- Elect officers (We are looking for candidates to serve as Secretary, Public Relations Coordinator, and Events Coordinator.)
- Brainstorm and select events for the coming year
- Present our annual gift to the School Garden Project
- Discuss additional ideas for social action
- Hear about Terra Madre 2006 from our own delegates
Anyone interesting in becoming an leader of Slow Food Eugene should contact Tom Barkin. His contact information is listed below.
Here are some of the events that we held in 2006:
- Cheese potluck
- Pasta making at Pasta Plus
- Pizza making class and tour of Hideaway Bakery
- Pot luck dinner featuring the foods of Greece, Turkey, and the countries of the former Yugoslavia
- A potluck book group talking about our favorite food oriented books
- A day at Sweetwater Farm and Nursery
- The Slow Sunday Dinner fund raiser prepared by chefs from Iraila, Koho Bistro, Marche, and Adam's Place
Slow Food Eugene also had informational booths at the Eugene Saturday Market, Oregon Truffle Festival, and the KLCC Garden Tour.
The annual meeting is a Slow Food event, so that means we eat. If you are inclined, bring a dozen cookies or other snack to share. Copies of recipes are appreciated. We'll supply the coffee and beverages.
Nonmembers, particularly those considering joining Slow Food, are welcome to attend the annual meeting, although they cannot vote.
If you can't come to the meeting, but still want to offer some suggestions for 2007 activities, volunteer to join the leader committee, or volunteer to help out on an event, send an email to Tom Barkin at email@example.com.
For those preferring the telephone, call Tom at 541-343-2619.
Visit our web site for more information.